CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Monochromatic Magnolia...

Whew!  Say that 3 times fast...

I created this easel card today using only black, white, gray, and red. It's my take on a monochromatic card with a touch of red.  I saw someone else color an image in all grays and I absolutely loved it (I'm sorry, I can't remember who it was and I scoured the internet looking too).  I used a Magnolia image and Copic colors C1, C3, C5 and C7.  I also used the Copic Spica Glitter Pens for her wings and the hearts but it may be hard to see in the pictures.  The paper is from DCWV Glitter Stack and CTMH. Flowers are from Prima and the sentiment, safety pin and charm are from CTMH.

This is my 2nd Tilda and my first try at the easel card and I'm quite pleased *toot toot*

I hope you like her! And guess what?  I have no idea what I'm going to do with her!






Thanks for looking and have a scrapping day!

Challenges for this card:
Just Magnolia Week 47 ~ Easel Cards

12 comments:

Nancy

Great job with your card! Love all the layers! Tilda looks adorable.
Hugs,
Nancy

Barb Hardeman

Great job on this Easel card and the monochromatic coloring! Love the pop of color even down to the sweet pin. Fabulous...

Anonymous

If you hurry, you can link your card to the All That Scraps Weekly Wednesday challenge that ends before tomorrow! lol
the challenge is easel cards! I bet it was Katie Cotton's video you saw with this technique... I did it last year after watching her and loved it! I have a couple cards on my blog w/this technique too! So cool. Adorable Tilda card! tfs!
Pam Going Postal

Vicki G

Your card is lovely! Love the shades of grey

Vicki

Anonymous

Your card is great for the ATS Easel challenge because All That Scraps sells Magnolia stamps and you can use any stamps they sell... to be eligible for the prize you have to have a link to the challenge blog in your post though. I would have emailed you but I don't see an email link anywhere on your blog..I'm on the DT for the ATS challenge blog.
Pam Going Postal

Tracey

How beautiful! I love this colouring technique!

Leonie

wow thats very clever all greys!! i'm loving it! Will have to try this when i get more copics.
Hugs
leonie

Bev

Wow, a fabulous easel card - the greys are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at JM this week x

Gina K

What a neat idea to color her in all greys like that! I had to smile when you said you have no idea what you are going to do with her. I do the same thing...make a card and set it to the side for "someday." LOL. Any recipient of your card will be lucky to get it! Gina L

Christine Riley

Wow, this is gorgeous, love the black and white.
Hugs, Christine

Dena

What a neat twist! Such a cute Tilda!
Thanks for joining Just Magnolia this week!
Hugs, Dena

Lori

I have yet to try mono-coloring. You did a great job. I like the touch of red.