CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 26, 2010

Mother's Day Magnolia

In Europe Mother's Day is in March, I live in the US and it's in May, since I can't get a Mother's Day card for my Nana in Scotland I decided to make my own.  Now I know it's past already but we usually send her cards in May so that's what this one is for.  My mum will be heading there in a couple of weeks and will be taking this with her so I wanted to get it on my blog before it was gone!

I used one of my favorite Magnolia's on this card.  I colored her in greens and when I made my card I was sure I had done her in blue's but she does match.  The paper I used is from TLC and the flowers are from CTMH and Prima.  The little charm is also from CTMH.  Ribbon is from TLC.  I colored her with copics.  She is popped off the page for a more dimensional look.  There is a ribbon slide under the knot and the safety pin to hold the charm that says LOVE.  I used little pearls on each of the flowers on the card.

It started out as a standard card like the one shown in the photograph but has since then been converted to an easel card so my Nana can display it!



A close-up of Tilda


The inside of the card (I kept it simple)


Thanks for looking and have a scrappy day!

16 comments:

Barb Hardeman

Oh this is so cute! Your Nana is going to love this to pieces, let me tell you! I love the words going around the circle with Tilda sitting in the middle on such pretty paper. Your flowers are a beautiful finishing touch. Glad you finished the inside. I always thing that the card isn't complete until the inside is finished...beautiful job!

Kathy

GOrgeous card!! I love the pretty colors and this Tild ais just adorable! I am sure your mum will love this!
:)Kathy

Unknown

Oh my! How sweet!! Your nana will love it! Your colors are so soft...and your coloring is beautiful! Pat Frank

Gloria Dawson

How Beautiful! What Mum wouldn't love to receive this awesome card! Love everyting about it!

Sharon Caudle

Beautiful card, Jessica! Your Nana is going to love it!
hugs!
Sharon

Leslie Anne Avila

So sweet and pretty. I like how you beautified the inside as well! Great job Jessica and thanks so much for posting and inspiring!
Blessing~
Leslie Avila

Christine Riley

Very sweet card, I love the colors.
Hugs, Christine

Vicki G

Your Nana will LOVE it.... I love the layout!

Vicki

Diana Crick

Your Nana will love your card, it is gorjuss! I especially like the word sentiment circle and the finishing touches you have added.
hugs, Diana

Garnet

Iam so impressed with this card. You did a great job putting it together. I like the colors the layout and the embellishments! cant wait to see what you do in the future.

cabio's craft corner

Cute card Jessica. It's nice seeing this bright and sweet card and it's a great creation to give to a mother :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

JS

Very sweet card !! Happy Mothers Day ...

Nancy

What a beautiful card to send to your Nana! I'm sure she will love your handmade card! You have done a awesome job!
Hugs,
Nancy

Bengelmama

Eine wunderschöne Karte. Zauberhafte Farben und wunderschön coloriert.

NAdine

Peggie

Cute card. Great embellishments.

Robin

Oh...I love this!!! Your nana will love it too!!! Great paper!!